Warning: Illegal string offset 'image_url' in /var/www/vhosts/sunnysidefarmsmarket.com/httpdocs/wp-content/themes/ssfms/single.php on line 19
Crispy Skin Chicken with White Wine Pan Sauce
- 2 Chicken breasts (skin on)
- 2 Tablespoons shallot (small dice)
- 2 tablespoons garlic (minced or sliced)
- ¼ cup white wine (any variety)
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon thyme (fresh or dried)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Slice or mince garlic and dice shallots.
- Trim chicken breasts leaving skin intact, Remove bone and tender.
- Marinate chicken with thyme, one tablespoon olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 450F
- Put an oven safe sauté pan on medium/high heat and add one tablespoon of olive oil to coat the pan
- When pan begins to smoke add chicken breasts skin side down, leave the breasts skin side down until the skin is golden in color and crispy in texture
- Flip the breasts to the non-skin side and proceed to put the chicken into the oven, leaving in the oven safe sauté pan
- Leave breasts in oven for 10-12 minutes depending on the size or until the internal temp reaches 165F
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside to rest, return the pan to the stovetop on medium high heat
- Add the shallots and garlic to the pan
- Sweat until you start to achieve color on the garlic and shallots
- Add white wine to deglaze pan, scrape and stir the bits from the pan, and reduce the wine by half
- Add the chicken stock, bring to a boil and slightly reduce, season by taste with salt and pepper
- Pour the finished pan sauce over the chicken breast skin side up