Bacon Wrapped Shrimp With Basil & Garlic Stuffing
- 1 pound large shrimp
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 16 pieces thinly sliced bacon
- 1/2 cup prepared fruit-based barbecue sauce
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails on. Butterfly shrimp by cutting a slit along the back and gently pressing open.
- Combine basil, Parmesan, and garlic in a small bowl. Place basil mixture evenly in shrimp openings; press shrimp closed.
- Cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked. Drain on paper towels.
- Wrap each shrimp with 1 slice bacon, and place on greased baking sheet. Brush barbecue sauce over shrimp, and bake at 400° for 8 to 9 minutes.